Rotary Club of Forest Grove Club Meetings Cancelled Indefinitely
Posted By admin
A MESSAGE FROM CLUB PRESIDENT TIM PEARSON
There is plenty of reason for concern surrounding the COVID-19 virus. This is unprecedented territory and a very dynamic situation. We need to take this very seriously with our main concern being the health of our members, families and friends. Everyone continues to monitor the recommendations being made by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health authorities.
Our club, like thousands of other organizations, are faced with new challenges in light of concerns surrounding COVID -19. Here are the immediate challenges our club has.
• Crab Feed Cancelation. The Senior Center is closed until further notice effective immediately so we have no place to hold this event now.
• Club Meetings at Pacific. With no Crab Feed, we won’t have another regular meeting until March 25, at which time Bon Appetit is catering our lunch. The café will be closed due to Spring Break. There is talk of closing Pacific University buildings like the cafeteria even after Spring Break. Our meeting on Wednesday was short a number of members and I expect that trend to continue if the spread of COVID-19 continues as some fear.
There are so many cancellations over this outbreak and as much as it hurts, out of an abundance of caution to avoid exposure and spread of COVID-19, Club Board members unanimously agreed that our club needs to cancel or postpone all upcoming events through the month of March and until further notice. We can look forward to the return to normalcy soon and need to believe that these actions will support that effort.
Please note that meeting cancellations include the Thirsty Thursday Satellite meetings.
Rotary Board Members have agreed to be on a conference call around the first of April to discuss club a meeting re-start. We will be sending out any noon club updates as they become available.
Please continue to follow these best practices to help keep yourself and others healthy:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after visiting the restroom; before eating; after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing or touching your face
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
• Consider staying home if you are feeling unwell
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then discard the tissue in the trash
If you have any other questions, please refer to the following resource for the latest updates on COVID-19: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as they have the most accurate information:
Wishing you all good health.
President, Rotary Club of Forest Grove